Don't send your worn-out speakers to the landfill!
Your vintage speakers were built to higher standards than many products today. CAE Sound's speaker reconing and repair service will make them sound brand new.
Please note: Speaker repair, reconing and/or re-surround fees are payable in advance.
- ..and more, just ask!
Coming in for Service
- Appointments no longer necessary, but please wear a mask and practice social distancing when you come.
- Minimum fee at check-in is $175.
- The current backlog is approximately 3 weeks. Rush fee is $95.
- Normal hours are Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. (We close for lunch between 1:00 and 2:00.)
We're closed on major holidays and occasionally on other days for various reasons. Check our announcements on the home page to make sure we'll be open.
- Before leaving home we strongly suggest that you check out our map & directions
- A minimum deposit of $175.00 is due at the time your gear is checked in. Most repairs will require parts, for which which an additional deposit may be required.
- We accept cash, check (with valid ID), VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. We reserve the right to require cash payment at our discretion.
- Customers may also mail payments to our shop address, shown at the bottom of this page.
- It takes the time and knowledge of a trained technician to prepare estimates, which is why we charge a modest fee for them.
- Written estimates are available for $185.00. The fee pays for the estimate and is not applied to the cost of the repair.
- We cannot provide estimates over the phone. You must bring your unit to the shop.
- Estimates are subject to the availability of parts and materials.
- Most repairs involve two or less labor hours. We will contact you for approval if a repair will take longer.
- Most repairs are completed within two weeks. Be aware this is an estimate and is not guaranteed.
- CAE Sound is not responsible for changes in price or availability of replacement parts from the manufacturer.
- CAE is not responsible for cables, pedals or accessories that are not specifically declared at the time of check-in.
- More info about costs and fees
We perform repairs under warranty for many manufacturers.
- Read your manufacturer's warranty! Be sure your instrument is still under warranty and that the needed repair is covered.
- A minimum fee of $185 will be charged for repairs not covered under warranty.
- Additional fees apply for large or heavy items such as organs, pianos, Leslies, etc.
- A $35.00 fee is charged if we must research your warranty.
- Provide a copy of your original purchase receipt.
- Provide a detailed, written description of the problem.
- Manufacturers will not pay claims if the findings are no problem found or user error. In such cases you will be responsible to pay our minimum fee of $175.
- More warranty repair information
About Speaker Reconing
Read Larry Mundy's article about whether, and when, to take your tired or blown speaker to the "speaker doctor" to be tuned up or brought back to life.
More Information for Service Customers