CAE Sound has been helping working musicians keep their gear alive since 1970. We provide excellent service at a fair price, with full, up-front disclosures of our fees and policies.
Coming in for Service
- Appointments no longer necessary, but please wear a mask and practice social distancing when you come.
- Minimum fee at check-in is $175.
- The current backlog is approximately 3 weeks. Rush fee is $95.
- Normal hours are Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. (We close for lunch between 1:00 and 2:00.)
We're closed on major holidays and occasionally on other days for various reasons. Check our announcements on the home page to make sure we'll be open.
- Before leaving home we strongly suggest that you check out our map & directions
- A minimum deposit of $175.00 is due at the time your gear is checked in. Most repairs will require parts, for which which an additional deposit may be required.
- We accept cash, check (with valid ID), VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. We reserve the right to require cash payment at our discretion.
- Customers may also mail payments to our shop address, shown at the bottom of this page.
- It takes the time and knowledge of a trained technician to prepare estimates, which is why we charge a modest fee for them.
- Written estimates are available for $185.00. The fee pays for the estimate and is not applied to the cost of the repair.
- We cannot provide estimates over the phone. You must bring your unit to the shop.
- Estimates are subject to the availability of parts and materials.
- Most repairs involve two or less labor hours. We will contact you for approval if a repair will take longer.
- Most repairs are completed within two weeks. Be aware this is an estimate and is not guaranteed.
- CAE Sound is not responsible for changes in price or availability of replacement parts from the manufacturer.
- CAE is not responsible for cables, pedals or accessories that are not specifically declared at the time of check-in.
- More info about costs and fees
We perform repairs under warranty for many manufacturers.
- Read your manufacturer's warranty! Be sure your instrument is still under warranty and that the needed repair is covered.
- A minimum fee of $185 will be charged for repairs not covered under warranty.
- Additional fees apply for large or heavy items such as organs, pianos, Leslies, etc.
- A $35.00 fee is charged if we must research your warranty.
- Provide a copy of your original purchase receipt.
- Provide a detailed, written description of the problem.
- Manufacturers will not pay claims if the findings are no problem found or user error. In such cases you will be responsible to pay our minimum fee of $175.
- More warranty repair information
More Information for Service Customers